For many months our development team has been pushing to deliver the next full version of our IT monitoring solution. In doing so, we have reworked many of Checkmk's foundations. In fact, we have upgraded Checkmk so much, that we have decided to make the version step change to 2.0.
Here are some highlights of what's new in Checkmk 2.0:
- Easier usability with a new user experience incl. a new navigation, design overhaul, improved dashboards and data visualization
- Higher performance with a new architecture of the Checkmk Micro Core (CMC) that increases its throughput while reducing its memory and CPU footprint
- Improved automation capabilities with a REST-API that covers large parts of our current Web-API as well as operations data ('Livestatus')
- Simpler development and maintenance of check plugins with the new Check-API
- In-depth visibility into networks with Network Flow Monitoring through an in-depth ntop integration
- Higher configuration flexibility with expanded use of labels, which are discovered for more systems and can be used to filter views and set notification conditions
- More insights with advanced forecasting for metrics
- Improved performance through incremental configuration sync in distributed environments
- Improved Grafana integration (now also available in the Checkmk Raw Edition)
- Modern graphs for the Checkmk Raw Edition
- Entire codebase rewrite, now in Python 3.8
- And much more....
Since these changes are very significant, we want to make sure we have enough time for testing— both for usability as well as for quality. As such, we have decided to push back the release to the beginning of next year.
It's important for us that you, as part of our user community, are involved in this process. Your early feedback is crucial to the success of Checkmk 2.0, that's why we are doing an 'Innovation Release' at the end of October. It will not contain all of the aforementioned changes yet. We will share details of the content in the innovation release announcement.
This milestone is something big for us, and we want to talk to you more about it. We invite you to join us in an online Community Call approximately a week after the Innovation version's release. This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the release and ask your questions live! If you're subscribed to our newsletter, we will send you an e-mail regarding the event schedule. We will also announce it on the community forum, LinkedIn and Twitter.